Saturday, November 19, 2005

Two tickets please

Going to my parents' for the weekend, I had to take the bus. It was too crowded, so I had to somehow squeeze myself in near the driver.

Looking above him I saw a few labels, some asking passengers to move into the back of the bus (unfortunately, this was not possible at all), some saying that smoking is prohibited, and one of them saying what requires pay. Obviously grown people (aged older than 5 years) are required to pay, but the list named:


  • 2 children (5 years or below)

  • Foldable Children Cart

  • Suitcase sized 60cm or more

  • A radio receiver



  • Two points about this: First, it looked genuine. More than that, I know that a friend of mine, carrying a parrots' cage, was charged a special passenger's pet seat (which cost the same as a regular passenger). Second, why the hell would they charge for a radio receiever? I can understand the other stuff... They're relatively big. But a radio receivers??

    My assumption is that it was a really Really old label, and was printed when radio receivers were the size of a house. Or slightly less - Probably a seat or two. It's amazing what you can find on old buses, really.

    tags:[ ]

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home