Saturday, October 29, 2005

WebObjects and Documentation

I've been working for a while with WebObjects and I must say I enjoy this well thought-of framework. I particulary enjoy the fact that almost everything I could ask for was already tried and done, so that most google searches get what I want to do without any code to implement.

So, when I wanted to send an automated email when a specific event occurs, I wasn't surpirsed to find WOMailDelivery. I was, however, surprised to find this in the documentation:

protected Object mailSession: Intentionally undocumented.


Now, it's not a first when implementations don't want to talk about their internals. But why put it in the docs as intentioanlly undocumented? They could have made it "private", but they probably wanted to use it in their own subclasses. So why not tag it as "undocumented" in javadoc?

Sometimes I just can't understand programmers. And I am one!

tags:[ ] [ ]

1 Comments:

At 10/29/2005 07:20:00 PM, Blogger Avah said...

Well, I could never keep something from you.

But I did manage to keep it for a long time. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home