Friday, July 15, 2005

Java and Mac OS X

When I bought my Mac, I made perfectly sure that Java, my prefered programming language, was a valid programming language there. And so, I found that Apple claims itself to not only support Java, but to improve it to "work superbly".

Months later I was suprirsed to discover that when J2SE 5.0 came out, with all the Ease of Development features, Apple took it's time in releasing it's own implementation of the new standard. More to it, when it Did release it, they demanded money for it. While it's their own right to do so, I was feeling abused: If I had a Linux or even a Windows platform, I would have gotten my J2SE 5.0 with the rest of the gang, for free.

Now, when JDK 6.0 is at the doorstep, with so many cool features like the Generics DataSet, I don't even try to imagine I'll have my chance to see Mustang out on the Mac before I have children. But, I never imagined Apple would start with moves to disengage itself from Java altogether. Or maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

I wonder what's going on in those Apple-Heads' minds.

3 Comments:

At 7/15/2005 05:48:00 PM, Blogger Avah said...

Playing the dumb blonde? *wink*

 
At 7/15/2005 05:55:00 PM, Blogger Avah said...

What is the adjective for Guy, for that matter?

Guyly guy?

 
At 7/15/2005 07:51:00 PM, Blogger Avah said...

Hebrew Slang for you is like candy to an 8 year old, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home