Saturday, July 09, 2005

The saga continues, Episode VI

I'm starting to feel like I'm in some Star Wars kind of fight here. Soon we'll have cartooned characters helping us in our quest.

This actually happened a week ago, but so much has happened since that I have overlooked writing about it. I hope I'll be forgiven, but then again: It's not your blog, and I'll write what I want to when I want to! I don't need this bloody pressure!

Sigh..

So, let's get to work. The day continues where I left off: In the morning I was in the Salame 53 office. Disappointed, I went to work. I called the information service to discover the number to the MoIN office in Jerusalem, as obviously the MoIN office in Tel Aviv couldn't possibly know the correct number. Callimg the MoIN office in Jerusalem rvealed that actually there Is a way to employ foreign workers. They have separated offices to different types of foreign workers: Construction, Healthcare, Industry, etc. I asked what type of work is Translator and they refered me to the Industry number, telling me to call on Sunday.

Sunday comes, and after countless of times calling the numbers they gave me, I decided to call back to the main office. This time, I don't know how or why, I was refered to the department's CEO office, which of course answered. I explained Them the need for a foreign worker that would do translations. They said that it's in the Industry Foreign Workers department, and gave me a Different set of numbers, but said I should call on Sunday (As it was rather late in the afternoon).

Monday comes. I call the numbers I was given by the CEO office. They gave me three numbers, and I was performing a round robing technique on their numbers, manually obviously. After a while, I noticed noone is bothering to answer the phone. I call the CEO office again, and when the secretary answers I go ahead and tell her yet again about the need for a translator etc. She tells me I should call the Industry Foreign Workers department, and gives me a Totally Different set of numbers. At this point I get slightly curious and ask her why I was given a different set of numbers yesterday when I asked the same thing.

She said: "Yes, yesterday they were answering on Those numbers you were given, but Today they answer on These".

I thought I was going to flip with laughter.

I called the new numbers, and even though the first two weren't answering (three numbers again) one was busy. So I decided I'd be a nag and called it over and over again. And yes, you heard correctly - BUSY. It's a government office, and they can't afford the simple electronic secretary machine that gives you crappy music while saying from time to time "You are number 1512 in the queue".

Eventually, after literally an hour and a half of calling and getting a busy tone, I got a free tone and was answered. I got the information needed, including what is a "professional". A professional is someone with degrees in the area of his/her job, AND someone who will get over 14,000 shekels when working in Israel.

That's all they had to say? I am really worried about MoIN. Laying out these set of rules to the Salame office would have saved so much trouble. And even if they didn't hear of the Email, Fax, or even dictating it over Phone, I bet these short rules would've been transfered by Morse code, with error correction, faster than it took me to search for them all over Israel.

3 Comments:

At 7/09/2005 10:30:00 PM, Blogger Avah said...

Yes, Jo...Err.. The Professional, Ma'am!

 
At 7/16/2005 03:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its a good thing she didn't tell you to fall for 50...
you'de die in the process :D

 
At 7/16/2005 04:04:00 PM, Blogger Avah said...

Fall for 50?

Pol 50, You mean?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home