Thursday, June 30, 2005

Hello, Haim's Butcher Shop Slash Ministry of Itern office!

As my quest continues to get Joah to live with me, I've encountered larger beasts and more furious devils than anyone has ever encountered, even in the Princess Mononoki starting scene. Let me try and recapture one of those chases after an official who could actually try and help us, apparently of his good will as the Ministry of Iternals aren't really dealing with Internals.

First, calling the MoIN lead me to hours of waiting on the phone until someone picks up to answer. I should be working in MoIN: Working only between 8:30 to 12:30, and not having to actually answer the phone and Work.

After finally reaching them, I was redirected to the Employment Office which, for obvious reasons, had no-one to answer the phone at. The time was 9:30 am. Luckily, the automatic message in the answering machine gave in the EO's direct number, so I could call them again and again without actually waiting on the MoIN again.

Getting a live voice from the EO, I was told that the EO does no longer take care of employment of foreign workers, hence I should get in touch wtih the office at Salame 53 in Tel Aviv. Now, this raises two questions, which I've asked. Answers as they were given are in brackets:

1. Does the Salame 53 in Tel Aviv office has a phone so I could call them instead of going? ("They should do. I don't know it though").
2. Should I actually Want to go to that office, on what times is it open? ("I think it's between 8am to 1pm, but don't take my word on it, as I'm not sure").

Now, I'm not blaming the poor chap who answered the phone: He was rather nice, unlike all the other MoIN employees I enountered in the last week. Especially the one from Salame 53, which answered only 2 hours after I started nagging that number (I got the number from the phone information service. It's silly, I thought that the MoIN and EO knew about that service).

[ Skipping the Hello/Hello parts ]
ME: Is this the employment office department for foreign workers?
HIM: No. [Explaining which office it is, which eventually means they handle foreign workers]
ME: I want to employ a foreign worker as a company.
HIM: For what task?
ME: International Secretary
HIM: You can't. She's not professional enough.
ME: What are you talking about? You haven't even heard what she can Do!
HIM: ...
ME: She has ten years of experience in her field of fundra..
HIM: Not professional enough. You will never get a permit. Waste of time to request it actually.
ME: [Sighing heavily] So you mean to tell me all the foreign workers who clean and do contruction work have PhDs in that field?
HIM: There are NO foreign workers doing cleaning or contruction work in Israel.


At this point I asked the guy what are the criterias for someone to be professional, and he directed me to the Jerusalem office. Calling the number he gave me lead me to Haim's Butcher shop, and calling back to the Salame 53 office yielded (surprisingly) no response.

Now, the question is raised: Why have a department for foreign workers if you would never accept anyone?

1 Comments:

At 7/01/2005 09:49:00 AM, Blogger Avah said...

It's experience nevertheless.

Further, I shouldn't have argued with hiim in the first place. He so dumb I can't understand how he figured out the whole talking and walking thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home