Friday, June 10, 2005

Explorer on Mac OS X

Okay, I wanted to join the Skype Affiliate Program, and the CJ site didn't work neither on Safari nor Camino.

Going to my Applications folder yielded no results: No Internet Explorer to rescue me from this site, which obviously does not support diversity and cross-platform(ity), was found on my hard drive. So, against every common sense, and risking the price of my soul, I moved on to download Internet Explorer 5.2.3 for Mac OS X.

To my surprise, I have found this in the installation manual:


Installation instructions


Before you install this download:

  • Quit any other programs that are running, including virus-protection programs, because they might interfere with installation.




  • Now, why would installing Internet Explorer interfere with OTHER applications? What is it doing, in it's installation phase? Also, is Microsoft (Justifiably) afraid that a virus-protection program would deny the Internet Explorer installation, claiming it to be the worst thing to install on your computer if you want a virus free enviroment, or worse, claiming the software to be the virus it is? I'm pretty scared now of this irreversable procedure done to my lovely Mac. Wish me luck.

    1 Comments:

    At 6/12/2005 07:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    comon... it can't be THAT bad...
    it probably just changes several things in your startup sequence and they don't want you to know about it :)

    try installing it with anti-virus on and let us know how you did
    and... good-luck buddy, the world is counting on you to survive this one :)

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home