Monday, June 06, 2005

The Trip Home

Home is a lonely, boring place without Joah. Incidently, it's also stinky, disgusting and filled with junk without her - As I forgot to clean out the trash before I left it, and I am sure she would have reminded me had she been here.

About my trip home. As I said in the earlier post, the flight was delayed by 40 minutes for unknown reasons. I am grateful that the generous guy had only 15 minutes left in his account, as it later been realised that the flight was delayed only by 25 minutes, despite what the signs said so deliberately.

I am starting to develop a hatred to Heathrow Terminal Two.

Just to make a comment about that accoursed Terminal's signs: As I was looking for Gate 4, the gate I was [finally] assigned to, I saw a sign right next to the Dixons shop I was at saying:

Gates 1-10
Terminal 1

With an arrow pointing forward. Any normal person (and even the un-normal, such as myself) would think that this means that the Gates 1-10 of Terminal One are at that direction. So, knowing I need Terminal Two (yet thinking in my head "But I AM at Terminal Two!") I started searching for a sign that would give out the location of Gate 4 at Terminal Two.

Unfortunately, none was found and only after walking across the terminal I have got assistance from a shopkeeper who told me to go back to where I was, and that the lines were different lines even though not separated by any logical manner.

Did I mention I am starting to develop a hatred to Heathrow Terminal Two?

The flight in itself was not too bad - This time they actually gave me a cheese sandwich and not fed me to bloody meat. However, I was afraid all through the flight that I would miss my transfer to Israel, and thus be terribely late - Not to mention worrying my beloved Joah and family quite a lot. Finally, when we drew near Zurich, Switzerland, the transfer gates were announced and the Israel transfer passengers were told to head to the ground people for assistance. I could actually hear myself requesting a free flight for making me miss my flight and losing a work day.

Eventually, I didn't miss the lfight. But I did get to be called for "urgently". For those who ever had the chance to wait in airports, you know what I'm talking about. "Mr. Ben Dov, please hurry up URGENTLY to Gate A64" was heard all over the airport, as I am truely hurrying up to it, cutting people on the escalators, whispering through my lips "I Bloody Know..".. I held a whole plane. If you were on that flight, I truely apologise. But it wasn't my fault, you see. Really. Honestly.

The flight to Israel was quite good though. I finally remembered to order a vegeterian meal, which revealed itself as some good spiced asian food (tofu and vegetables in some really hot spices). Also, I had all 3 seats for myself in both flights, but I couldn't actually sleep as I saw some other guys who had the same situation do. I managed to fall asleep for 30 minutes just before we landed, though.

When I got to Israel, I decided to take the train to save on money - I would take the train to Tel Aviv, then a taxi from Tel Aviv would cost less than half the price it would cost from the airport. That's what I did, but the train left 30 minutes after I got onboard. In Tel Aviv itself, I saw the unbeleivable - No taxis in the train station. Only 20 minutes later a taxi bothered to show up, and it's driver clearly chose the longest way to get to my place (in fact, after getting somewhere near my place, he said "So where do you want to go?" and when I repeated the street's name, he said "Ohh!! You should have said so earlier, I would've gone by a different route".. Horrible!).

Now I'm home, and I need to clean up. I hate cleaning up. And I miss Joah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home