Thursday, June 30, 2005

Operating System as a psycho-analysis

A week or two ago my friend Omer (who also responds to rants on this blog from time to time*) and I had a talk on the phone, in which he mentioned that over the years, I switched from Windows to Linux, while he was still using Windows, then I switched from Linux to FreeBSD, and he stayed in Windows, then I switched to Solaris, and he stayed in Windows, then for a short time I returned to Linux, him still being a Windows guy, and now I am using a Mac, and him? Still in Windows.

"What could this mean?" he pondered loudly. "Could this mean that I have a problem with commitment", I said in grave fear, "And that you have a problem accepting change and trying new things?"

A few seconds later we disregarded it by being too silly, and started thinking of something completely different.

Now, I know Joah is going to jump at this "Can't commit" thing. Baby, they're just operating systems. Not people.

* And probably is one of the few actual readers of it.

5 Comments:

At 6/30/2005 06:05:00 PM, Blogger Avah said...

Coming to think about it, that's how we were called during Highschool days - Tal, Omer and myself, that is.

 
At 6/30/2005 06:16:00 PM, Blogger Avah said...

But I didn't talk of commitment just now. I think you're watching too many TV shows.

I didn't know that side of you, Joey.

 
At 6/30/2005 06:38:00 PM, Blogger Avah said...

It's weird. I stopped receiving notifications of blog updates. Very weird.

In any case, I think it's more like saying "Not only that I don't like kittens, I kill them and make myself a nice, warm kitten soup!".

That's how bad it is.

 
At 6/30/2005 06:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I really can't cope with change :P

 
At 6/30/2005 08:11:00 PM, Blogger Avah said...

That's disgusting... Is this the turkish supermarket near the bus station??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home