Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Apple got the egg

After reading Joah's post, I had to check out what Apple had in store. First reports I read said something about a new generation of iPod - And the news from Apple didn't come too late after: iPod Nano. Closing the iPod Mini line (at least it doesn't appear on their site anymore, only on the store), they are now selling this Nano machine. Extremely small, carries 2GB or 4GB of songs and photos. To compare it with iPod Shuffle, I'd say:

  • It's definitely bigger, but not significantly bigger. You can still carry it on your neck and it's smaller than a cell phone.
  • It has an LCD screen. You can choose your songs, you have the Click Wheel, life is great.
  • The LCD is colourful - In that sense, it's a small iPod Photo, it seems to me.
  • You don't have the cool Shuffle button.
  • It can't have gizmos plugged in like iTrip, just like the Shuffle can't.
  • It doesn't plug in directly - It needs a cable, like regular iPods do.
I must say, since I already have an iPod, I can safely say I don't really need this. It's smaller in size but in capacity as well. I'd rather have an iPod Photo.

3 Comments:

At 9/08/2005 12:10:00 AM, Blogger Avah said...

There might even be something off the list, if we get that AirPort.

Writing while we talk? Well, you had that long pause there...

 
At 9/08/2005 12:16:00 AM, Blogger Avah said...

You had a long pause.

What long pause? I don't know.. How do you name long pauses?

"The one between when you said X and Y"?

 
At 9/08/2005 12:19:00 AM, Blogger Avah said...

Actually no. Much later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home