Saturday, August 06, 2005

Mighty Mouse

No, this is not another cartoon post, even though I have a lot to say on the cartoon subject.

This post is about Apple's new mouse, the Mighty Mouse. This mouse actually Looks like the regular, elliptic, some would say archaic yet elegant one-button mouse. In fact, the only noticeable difference is a small dot in it's front.

Practically speaking, this is a two-button mouse scrollable mouse. The no-button surface, as Apple Mice have been famous of having in their last few iterations, is actually built with touch sensors, so that the mouse knows whether you chose to make a right click or a left click, even though you're actually pressing a "one-button" area. Also, the small dot is a scrollable touch point, enabling vertically, horizontally and even diagonally scrolling. To finish it off, the useless half-ellipses on the regular Apple Mouse became a touch-sensitive pair of buttons, for programmable use.

I dislike the two side buttons myself and I usually disable them on my Microsoft IntelliMouse at work (Oh my, he said the M word!). Since this feature is programmable, it can be disabled and that satisfies me.

Just to conclude things: I wish I was able to test this mouse, because from the specs side, it looks great. No wonder it reached my Wish List.

4 Comments:

At 8/06/2005 11:14:00 AM, Blogger Avah said...

It would have, baby.

But you're too unique, and not for sale. So searching for Joah in froogle won't show any results.

Besides, we already have each other. :)

 
At 8/06/2005 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Avah said...

I knew you would search, but was too lazy to actually search myself and write "2 irrelevant results".

I'm so lazy.

But I am YOUR lazyarse.

 
At 8/06/2005 11:41:00 AM, Blogger Avah said...

Yeah. Fighting over the blanket.

To the point of knife-drawing.

Romantic.

 
At 8/06/2005 11:44:00 AM, Blogger Avah said...

The one You left on the floor, trying to stab my foot, in your clever, "it-wasn't-me-it-was-the-one-armed-man" technique!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home