Saturday, September 03, 2005

A Weird Sense of Ending

Even though my contract is far from being over (I still have another year for that to happen), I get the weird sense of "The end is nigh", and I don't mean armaggedon.

It's a weird sense. On one hand, I do want the project to succeed and will do what it takes to see it through it's completion. On the other, I feel my personal life, the life I am building with Joey, is taking a place in my life stream I didn't know of before.

If I would take a rewind back to a couple of years ago, when I first got to the department and started this contract, nothing was more important than "the work". I really did everything and gave everything. I still do - But what is different? It's hard to say. It's a feeling. It's remembering to make that phone call to Issta. It's not diving into work too much without checking my email and send a funny mail or a response to Joey while she's working. It's much more than that, and I would stop now because I feel like I'm writing a "Love is.." book.

Sigh... And I guess I also finally starting to feel the need to get out of the contract, something I haven't felt for the years I was in it.

6 Comments:

At 9/03/2005 11:56:00 AM, Blogger Avah said...

Quite immediately? Is that possible?

And why would a totally-internal-for-the-UK union would join a boycott against Israel? What would they do?

 
At 9/03/2005 12:22:00 PM, Blogger Avah said...

Why?

It just feels like you have a whole post to write about it, and not just a comment.

 
At 9/03/2005 01:08:00 PM, Blogger Omer said...

Mazal Tov, you're finally a real nagad.
Yes - there's only about a year left.
Yes - you don't want to work there anymore.
Yes - it feels like the end is closing in.

Like I said before, get ready to wait.

 
At 9/03/2005 01:31:00 PM, Blogger Avah said...

Sigh. I was always a real nagad - I did my work, but it doesn't mean I did whatever they told me. I did it my way.

Sure, you could say "the way of the nagad is to not work at all", after all "Nagad is from the verb LeHitnaged", but I did drink lots of coffee.

Or just looked at it, as Joah would say.

 
At 9/03/2005 02:56:00 PM, Blogger Omer said...

One of the nagads I knew didn't work - he just played with OpenGL all day long.
Another just slept since he was busy playing Unreal Tournament all night long.
Another was keeping busy listening to music, writing emails and being, what he described to be, a Conceptualizer.
Another kept playing frisbee with the young'ns outside.
Another one sat outside and played his guitar, much to the amusement of passers-by.

I miss the old days. :)

 
At 9/30/2005 01:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aviad - a year is a really short period. And I'm glad you're writing love descriptions, it shows that you're really happy with Joanna.
Joanna - I love doing nothing at home, it's my favourite "occupation"! If I were reach I would never work...
But when I am at work, I'm going crazy when I have nothing to do, I like running around and being essential.
Omer - you are a real nagad.
Aviad - you are not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home