Thursday, December 08, 2005

Inspire me

After a particularly stupid morning, which I can sum up as "How Many Management Theories Does It Take To Change A Lightbulb", I went to the Borders book megastore on Oxford Street. I randomly picked up a book entitled something like 'Inspirational Quotes for the Modern Life' and opened it to a quote that read something like:

"I didn't get to where I am today by following rules. I got to where I am by following my dream" - Anonymous

Anonymous???!!!!

That's great,, very inspirational, thank you. Just where ARE You today, exactly, Mr Anonymous? You could be in a rehab centre, or selling the Big Issue, or sweeping the streets. For heaven's sake.

tags:[ ] [ ]

4 Comments:

At 12/08/2005 09:55:00 PM, Anonymous Niha said...

Oh, yeah, that's a quote.

 
At 12/08/2005 09:55:00 PM, Blogger Avah said...

Welcome aboard, Niha.

Babe, doesn't Anonymous mean that the book's author didn't know the origin of the quote?

 
At 12/08/2005 09:57:00 PM, Blogger Joah said...

Think about it.

How can you be inspired by someone following their dream IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

My neighbour with the smelly rubbish might follow her dream but I AM NOT INSPIRED.

 
At 12/08/2005 10:00:00 PM, Blogger Avah said...

I agree with you. These books are generally horrible to read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home