Tuesday, December 06, 2005

מה????????????????

I'm trying to do my Hebrew homework and I decided that it would be a great idea to try to find an Israeli radio station I can listen to over the internet. What could be simpler?

It turns out that a lot of things could be simpler.

I found a radio station that plays wall to wall trance hits, briefly interspersed by comments in English.

The army station, "IDF WAVE", has an MSN site that does not work on Camino or Safari, and Internet Explorer for Mac does not support Hebrew.

I found a Haredi station that explores issues from an ultra-Orthodox standpoint.

Then I found this: Israel National Radio. I'm not convinced it isn't a parody.

There's this classic philosophical debate:
"What does G-d look like? Can people really only imagine G-d in a human form? If G-d exists, then what are our responsibilities in this world? Also: You will laugh when Tamar teases Tovia on how Hollywood has raised us into accepting their absurd realities as the 'real' world." I just bet I'll laugh til I wet myself, Tamar!

Don't miss this treat: "Goatherders Moshe and Ephraim discuss their biblical profession, and the production of organic, and delicious goat yogurt." Go, Moshe and Ephraim!

Or this one: "Yehoshafat sells organic eggs from the Shomron and Frank Sinatra sings about plane hijackings. Also: JDate becomes Gay-Date."

I'm definitely tuning into this one: "Join Alex and Yishai for a no-holds-barred discussion with Rabbi Maury, a certified Mohel"

And my personal favourite: "So you think you're a Gentile? Think again!"

And honestly, people have to ask why I want to live in Israel? This is awesome!



tags:[ ] [ ]

3 Comments:

At 12/07/2005 04:09:00 AM, Blogger Avah said...

No doubt that our radio shows are the best.

I think I like the evening shows better, such as "Black (dark?) Business" where they speak about rap but usually using too many special sound effects in a way that its too ridiculous, trying to do li-ran like rap, etc etc.

 
At 12/07/2005 06:59:00 AM, Blogger Omer said...

Arutz Sheva is a pirate station run by Mafdalnikim.
Ask Aviad what that means :P

 
At 12/07/2005 11:56:00 AM, Blogger Joah said...

Ask Aviad??? He should set up a website. You should tell me.

And you should find me a radio station where people actually talk in Hebrew, not just about the coming of the Moshiach.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home